Home > Services > Rehabilitation > Outpatient Rehab > Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapy at Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation
Center has had a long history of creating and finding ways to enable persons
with catastrophic disabilities to return to participation in their home and
communities by teaching them new ways to do everyday tasks of daily living that
are most important to them.
The multiple years of meeting continual challenges
of working collaboratively with patients with extremely diverse backgrounds,
interests and disabilities has led to a world renowned department known for its
innovation and individualized outcomes to allow those with disabilities to
reintegrate into the community at large.
The Occupational Therapy Department welcomes referrals for outpatient consultation and treatment.
Providers and patients, please complete the
Community Referral and
Patient Information forms prior to scheduling an appointment. Submit completed forms by fax to the
Rancho Outpatient Referral Office at (562) 401-7604. For appointments and appointment related inquiries
please call (562) 401-6536. Office hours are M-F (8:00 am to 4:30 pm).
Occupational therapy services include comprehensive evaluations of the
client’s home and other environments (e.g., workplace, school), recommendations for adaptive
equipment and training in its use, and guidance and education for family members and
caregivers. Occupational therapy practitioners have a holistic perspective, in which
the focus is on adapting the environment to fit the person, and the person is an integral
part of the therapy team.
American Occupational Therapy Association
Our occupational therapy staff are highly qualified. Many have taught courses, given
presentations at local, state and national conferences, authored articles or book chapters
and participated in state and national organizations as members of
boards and committees. Many of our staff hold specialty credentials to treat
specific patient populations. Some of our occupational therapy staff have been
practicing at Rancho for over 25 years. Even relatively new therapists quickly
become experts in their field as they provide intensive rehabilitation to
specific patient populations.
Individual staff hold the following certifications/credentials:
- Hand therapy from the Hand Therapy Certification Commission, Inc.
- Pediatric specialty certification from the American Occupational Therapy Association
- Neurorehabilitation specialty certification from the American Occupational Therapy Association
- Certification in neuro-developmental treatment from the Neuro-Developmental Treatment Association
- Assistive technology practitioner from the Rehabilitation and Assistive Technology
Society of North America (RESNA)
- Driver rehabilitation specialist from the Association for Driver Rehabilitation
- Vocational rehabilitation (master’s degree held by vocational trainer)
- Certification in neuro-integrative functonal rehabilitation and habilitation
- Advanced practice certification for physical agent modalities, swallowing, and hand therapy
Visit the Company section of this web site for information on educational opportunities in
Visit the Company section of this web site for information on employment opportunities in
For more information, contact:
Bertha Cabral, BS, OTR/L
Director, Occupational Therapy and Recreation Therapy
Telephone: (562) 401-7464
Fax: (562) 401-6690
Page last updated September 17, 2012
Please forward any comments or problems with this Web Site to